Saturday, July 12, 2014

The Lion Queen

"I punched the men but they wouldn't apologize till the crowd forced them to"…...the woman then took off a boot, filled it with muck and water, and emptied everything into the car…"I did this five to six times till the seat, gearbox, steering, backseat and their phone were soaked in muck"….

Remember it is the lioness who hunts, not the lion. She is feared universally for her strength. 

India is a jungle that desperately needs more lion queens who have the courage to throw mud on the face of drive-by cowards. Lal salaam, madam!!!
..............
A 27-year-old woman's online post on how she taught two men a lesson after they "deliberately" splashed muck on her while passing by in a car, has gone viral on social media.  
While most netizens have come out in her support, some have questioned how she could "go to such limits". The woman is also being trolled and threatened by a few netizens.

The incident occurred around 8pm on Wednesday when the woman was walking home after work. She had reached Shardashram Vidyamandir in Dadar (West) when two men arrived in a car.

"As the footpath was water-logged, I was forced to walk on the street. The stretch was dimly lit but safe. I heard the Honda City accelerate before it splashed muck on me. The car swerved just in time and could have hit me. I was shocked and fuming,".

The motorist left without offering an apology. "I have been robbed at knife-point and even groped in the past, but had remained quiet then. This time, I decided I wasn't going to be a coward. I ran after them for nearly 700 metres or so till the car halted at a traffic signal at Kabutarkhana.  I then went and knocked on the front door (passenger side). The motorist's co-passenger opened it and realized I was the same girl they had harassed. The motorist tried to drive away, dragging me along as I had caught hold of his friend's shirt collar by then," she said.

Hearing the commotion, cops at the junction came up to check what had happened and a crowd of bystanders gathered. "I punched the men but they wouldn't apologize till the crowd forced them to," she added. Upset at what she had to go through and the unwanted drama, the woman then took off a boot, filled it with muck and water, and emptied everything into the car.

"I did this five to six times till the seat, gearbox, steering, backseat and their phone were soaked in muck. My arm is sore from being dragged. But I hope my act prevents the men from repeating what they did to me with any other girl," she added.

Her online post was 'liked' by nearly 3,000 people and shared numerous times on Twitter and Facebook.



.......


........

Link: http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/city/mumbai/Mumbai-womans-post-on-harassers-goes-viral/articleshow/38222068.cms

.....

regards

No comments:

Post a Comment